Guidelines For Admission To St. Joseph Catholic School
In addition to the guidelines provided by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, the following are specific to St. Joseph Elementary School:
- Preference will be given to members of the parish who are baptized, registered and supportive of the parish.
- Transitional Kindergarteners (Alpha-K) must be four (4) years old by September 1. (Birth and Baptismal Certificates required)
- Kindergarteners must be five (5) years old by September 1. (Birth and Baptismal Certificates required)
- Previous report card must be submitted
- Previous standardized test results must be submitted
- Completed application and registration fee have been turned in
- All new students are considered on probation for their first year
School Student Non-Discrimination Policy
The school, mindful of its mission to be a witness to the love of Christ for all, admits students regardless of race, color, national origin, and/or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, disability, medical condition, sex, or national and/or ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies and practices, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs, although certain athletic leagues and other programs may limit participation and some archdiocesan schools operate as single-sex schools.
While the school does not discriminate against students with special needs, a full range of services may not always be available to them. Decisions concerning the admission and continued enrollment of a student in the school are based upon the student’s emotional, academic, and physical abilities and the resources available to the school in meeting the student’s needs.
For more information, see Inclusion Policies and Procedures for Schools.