St. Joseph Catholic School, serving as a ministry of St. Joseph Catholic Parish, is dedicated to celebrating and educating the whole child as a Disciple of Christ, a Tenacious Scholar, and a 21st Century Learner.
- Our students are Disciples of Christ. We seek to immerse our students in a Christ-centered environment, so they may trust in and cooperate with God’s grace in their lives.
- Our students are Tenacious Scholars. Recognizing parents as the primary educators of their children, we work collaboratively to provide a rigorous curriculum that motivates students toward an intrinsic love of learning.
- Our students are 21st Century Learners. We empower our students to use the gifts that God has given them to live happy, integrated lives in our diverse and technological world.
With Christ as our teacher, St. Joseph Catholic School provides an environment of discipleship, scholarship, and service. Our administration, faculty, staff, parish community, parents, and students are active participants in the mission of the Catholic Church, deepening our relationship with Jesus Christ and integrating the Gospel values into our daily lives.
Our Vision and Values: Student Learning Expectations
I am a Disciple of Christ, who:
– keeps myself open to God’s will in my life
– deepens my relationship with Jesus Christ through prayer, meditation and participation in the sacramental life of the Church
– integrates Gospel values by living the Great Commandment
– performs the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy
– actively participates in school and parish Liturgies
– cultivate a knowledge of Scripture, Church beliefs, history and tradition
– acts with integrity
I am a Tenacious Scholar, who:
– pursues academic excellence
– nurtures an intrinsic love of learning for its own sake
– demonstrates mastery of core subjects to the best of my ability
– consistently engages in a rigorous curriculum
– employs critical thinking skills
– works independently and collaboratively to produce quality work
– develops research skills using varied forms of media
I am a 21st Century Learner, who:
– strives to be an integrated person committed to wellness and wholeness
– works in collaboration with others to problem solve real-life situations
– is a good steward of God’s Creation appreciating and caring for our environment
– appreciates cultures by becoming globally aware and conversant on world affairs
– effectively uses technology to enhance learning in an ethical manner